HOW TO USE
- determines which pages are shown in the tree. This may be overridden by the use of the namespaces option. Possible values:
- show subcategories only (configuration constant CT_MODE_CATEGORIES)
- show subcategories and pages, except images (configuration constant CT_MODE_PAGES)
- show all pages, subcategories, images, etc (configuration constant CT_MODE_ALL)
- list parent categories instead of subcategories (configuration constant CT_MODE_PARENTS). This puts CategoryTree into "inverse" operation (supported since rev:36892, July 2008).
- determines how many levels of the tree are shown initially. Default is 1. 0 means only the root node. The maximum value depends on the mode specified, and on the $wgCategoryTreeMaxDepth option. (introduced between rev:r20410 and rev:20840, Mar 30 2007; fully functional even with $wgCategoryTreeDynamicTag since rev:36864, July 2008)
set this to "on" to only show the "root" node of the tree initially. Equivalent to depth="0". (introduced in rev:20385, March 13 2007)Deprecated as of rev:36864, July 2008: use depth="0" instead.
- set this to "on" to hide the "root" node of the tree, i.e. hideroot=on. For example, it will not display the category name Foo.
- determines when the namespace prefix should be hidden from entries in the tree (since rev:36864, July 2008). Possible values are:
- always hide the prefix. Should be used only if all pages come from the same namespace (configuration constant CT_MODE_CT_HIDEPREFIX_ALWAYS).
- never hide the namespace prefix, not even for categories (configuration constant CT_MODE_CT_HIDEPREFIX_NEVER).
- hide the namespace of categories, if only categories are shown, as with mode="categories" (configuration constant CT_MODE_CT_HIDEPREFIX_AUTO); This is equivalent to the old default behavior (before Jun 2008).
- always hide the namespace of categories, but show all other prefixes (configuration constant CT_MODE_CT_HIDEPREFIX_CATEGORIES). This is the new default behavior (since rev:36864, July 2008).
- set this to "on" to show the number of entries in subcategories, i.e. showcount="on" (since rev:36864, July 2008). This is disabled per default for category trees inlined on pages, but enabled per default in category listings an on Special:CategoryTree.
- a list of namespaces from which pages should be shown in the tree (since rev:36864, July 2008). The entries in the list must be namespace names, separated by spaces. The main namespaces can be represented by "-" or "0". This overrides the mode option.
- class, style, id, etc
- The <categorytree> tag supports all standard HTML attributes for block elements (since rev:36864, July 2008. Before that, only style was supported).